Massachusetts Standard Residential Lease Agreement Form – PDF Template
The Massachusetts residential lease agreement is a one (1) year term (can be changed if desired) that binds the landlord and tenant into a contract that both must abide. For the most part, as long as the tenant pays the rental amount every month, he or she will not be in violation of any of the terms.
The landlord is encouraged to check the credit and rental history of the tenant by asking for them to fill in an application. There may be a fee for this service and after reviewing their qualifications may come to a decision on whether a contract should be granted. Once both parties authorize the agreement and the Security Deposit and first (1st) month of rent is collected the tenant will be given the keys and full access to the residence.
- Massachusetts Association of Realtors Lease Agreement
- Massachusetts (Greater Boston) Apartment Lease Agreement
- Massachusetts Standard Residential Lease Agreement
Disclosures and Related
- Lead Paint Disclosure – For any residential unit built prior to 1978. Must be signed by the tenant and attached to the contract.
- Landlord-Tenant Laws
- Massachusetts Tenants Rights and Responsibilities
- Landlords and Tenants Rights – Provided by the Attorney General